The latest hot trend in personal development is finding a mentor. Young people assume it is the key to success because they can model and learn from a master. But they struggle with finding a mentor.
In this podcast episode, I cite Jack Welch’s take on finding a mentor from his book, Winning. If you’re not familiar with Jack, he is one of the most successful CEO’s of all time and previous head of General Electric.
He drops some shocking truth about how to find a mentor and what is a mentor. Also, I address a number of related questions that young people have emailed in, including:
- how to stay productive in the modern era
- how to avoid social media distractions from sucking you into a black hole of unproductive behavior
- how to deal with your parents’ disappointment and expectations
- how to not give a crap what others think about you even if you’re a normal human being who cares what others think
Recommended further resources:
- This article on how to not care what others think
- The book The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson (affiliate link)
- The article that sparked the book
Views – 1904