If you want to maximize the return of money and happiness over your lifetime, a core part of that is increase how long you live.
It’s simple enough: the longer you live, the more life you have to enjoy and the longer your money can grow.
People easily sacrifice 20 to 30 years of life span by destroying their diet, fitness, nutrition, and lifestyle. But this is a massive opportunity for someone like you, who cares enough to read this article, because you can get that life back and live better than the average person.
None of this is theory. It’s based on extensive research from the book, 50 Secrets of the Longest Living People.
The whole book is not just on food. It talks about attitudes, activities, and other things you can do to live longer based on the longest living cultures and tribes in the world.
There’s a ton of science, biology, psychology, nutrition, and experiments in the book to back up what it says. But it’s based on the longest living tribes and cultures around the world and how they live.
Today, I’ll be focusing in on the food component.
This is meant to be a quick reference guide to just quickly see which food items to add and incorporate to your daily and weekly diet.
See the book for the extensive details on why.
Longevity Ingredients That Taste Good:
- 5 to 7 Servings of Fresh fruit and vegetables a day (crunchy vegetables preferred for scientific reasons)
- Buckwheat, brown rice, sprouted wheat bread, or whole grains (avoid white rice)
- Organic, free-range meat (if you must eat meat.. fish preferred)
- Eggs (any type works, organic free-range preferred)
- Fish (specifically these: tuna, mackerel, herring, salmon, and sardines)
- Nuts and seeds
- Olive oil
- Garlic and onions
- Sweet potatoes
- Berries (Antioxidant scores: Prunes>raisins>blueberries>blackberries>kale>cranberries>strawberries>cherries) -lower blood pressure, cancer reduction
- Yogurt (bacteria and fermentation will help you a TON)
- Fermented foods (extra fermented tofu, sauerkraut, pickles, aged French sausaged, sourdough)
- Soy (soy sauce, miso, tempeh)
- Green Tea
- Tomatoes (this one’s huge. lot of science. tons of lycopene)
- Herbs (basil, thyme, sage, peppermint, spearmint, rosemary, oregano, parsley, ginger, ginseng, dill, marjoram, mint, or coriander) – sprinkle over anything: tea, pasta, rice
Longevity Ingredients That May Not Taste Good:
…but are probably still worth adding in.
19. Organic Goat or Sheep Cheese
20. Apricots and Apricot Kernels
21. A small amount of red wine (small because in excess, it doesn’t become healthy)
22. Avoid frying or barbecuing meat. Boil or stew it. (a lot of science behind this)
23. Limit salt.
24. Combine the ingredients (a lot of science/magic here)
25. Avoid vegetable oil: use virgin or coconut oil
26. STOP Eating when you’re 8/10 full.
27. Chew three times more than you will regularly chew before you swallow. Even more if you can.
28. Eat Meat Only Occasionally as a Treat (Use other protein sources) – If you must eat it frequently, eat it with lots of broccoli and cauliflower
29. Have a salad a day
30. Try to live a more relaxed, less stressful life. The world’s longest living people have relaxed perspectives about life. Therefore, stress doesn’t tax their body as much. You may think this is impossible because you live in a capitalist economy where stress is part of the culture and work life. While it’s true that these long-living people live in more slow-paced, relaxed environments, some still went through hard times, such as famine, economic crisis, and house seizures, but their attitude and perspective kept everything calm.
Views – 747